Sheshequin-Ulster Community Center
Board of Directors Meeting DRAFT MINUTES

July 23rd, 2008

Attending:Shari Whipple, Ray Coyne, Tonya Coyne, Marilyn Daugherty, Cathy Cook Absent: Laura Hewitt, Andy Bishop

The meeting was called to order at 7:00p.m. by Shari Whipple.

Minutes: A Cook/ Daugherty motion was passed to accept minutes for March 12th, 2008.

Treasury Report: A treasury report was given by Cathy Cook. She had stated that the saving account balance is $4222.58 and the checking account balance is $4,453.79. She stated that the yearly premium for the insurance is due and the total for that is $497.00.
   A Daugherty/T. Coyne motion was passed to pay all monthly bills and insurance premium.

Previous/Unfinished Business:
· Easter Party- Tonya stated that the Easter Party was a success. Tonya turned the unused money and all receipts over to Cathy Cook. Party reports were distributed.
· Carnival: We have decided to put off the idea of the carnival for now until we can get more volunteers wanting to help out. Right now we do not have enough manpower.
· Biennial Meeting- Questions are still being raised as to what kind of paperwork needs to be sent out during the years in between the meeting.

New Business:
· Auditors- Questions were raised about the 501c3 application. Cathy stated that our books needed to be audited. Our auditors resigned last year and we currently are looking for new auditors.
· Resignation- Shari Whipple is requesting to step down as president. A T. Coyne/Daugherty motion was passed to accept her resignation.
· A Daugherty/Cook motion was passed to put Ray Coyne in as president and to have him put on as a signer at the bank.
· Events- Ideas were being discussed about different events that we could do for the summer. Some of the ideas included music in the park, a beach party, game night, Tom Knight puppet show, and karaoke. Tonya and Cathy are going to ask the township if they would be willing to hook up electric in the park so that we could have concerts there. Shari will ask a couple of people she knows how much they would charge. Some dates were discussed for this but nothing is final. There was a date set for game night (August 8th from 6-8p.m.). Tonya will get flyers made up and Cathy will put an ad in the paper.
· Maintenance- Cathy has asked that Tonya send an e-mail to Andy and ask him if he still has plans on coating the skate floor and finishing the electric in the snack shack.

The next meeting will be held August 18th at 7:00p.m. in the rec. center.

A Cook/Daugherty motion was passed to adjourn the meeting at 9:05 p.m.