Sheshequin-Ulster Community Center
Board of Directors Meeting DRAFT MINUTES

March 12th, 2008

Attending:Tonya Coyne, Ray Coyne, Laura Hewitt, Cathy Cook, Shari Whipple
Absent: Andy Bishop, Marilyn Daugherty

The meeting was called to order at 7:21p.m. by Shari Whipple.

Minutes: A Whipple/Hewitt motion was passed to accept minutes for January 9th, 2008.

Treasury Report: A treasury report was given by Cathy Cook. Cathy stated that the balance in the checking account is $3025.29. The balance for the savings is $4212.07. She stated that Laura had deposited a check from Sheshequin township in the amount of $2000.00 (that amount was not added into the report) and that Cathy had received another $1000.00 from Ulster Township. Laura reported that she had been working with Cathy to get the paper work needed for the 501c3. She expected it would be ready in the next two months or so.

Previous/Unfinished Business:
· Community Service- It was recognized that Cory Cook had finished the hours needed for his community service and Tonya will fill out his papers.

· Furnace- The furnace has been fixed and it is no longer leaking. We have had a little bit of a problem with it not heating like it should. Shari gave us some tips of what to check when that happens. Laura suggested that we post these tips. Tonya will make sure these get posted.

New Business:
· Easter Party- Tonya stated that the Easter party planning was going well. She said that the flyers have been sent to the school, the candy has been bought and bagged and things were all ready to go for Saturday. Laura said that she would put it on our website. Cathy said we should look into buying a bunny costume rather than rent one every year. We will look into pricing one.

· Meetings- It was discussed that we would change the meeting day from the second Wednesday to the third Monday of the month.

· Phone Machine- Laura brought a phone machine to donate to the rec. center. She suggested to leave out going messages only. This would let people know our hours for skating, party booking info, etc. With only leaving a recording this would also eliminate the possibility of messages being deleted, people not being called back, etc.

· Spring Meeting- It was noted that our Spring meeting is coming up next month. Laura will see what kind of paper work is needed for this and she will let us know.
  A Hewitt/Cook motion was passed to do whatever paper work necessary for the meeting.

· Carnival- The idea of having a carnival was discussed. A couple of ideas were thrown around and we decided that everyone would put their ideas on paper and bring it back to the next meeting to be discussed further.

The next meeting will be held April 21st, 2008 in the rec. center.

A Coyne/Hewitt motion was passed to adjourn the meeting at 8:10p.m