Sheshequin-Ulster Community Center
Board of Directors Meeting DRAFT MINUTES
September 13, 2006

Attending: Board: Laura H. Blain, Cathy Cook, RoseMarie Grzincic, Charlotte Hajduga, Shari Whipple, Alison Olmstead. Absent: Patrick Grimes. Meeting was called to order at 7:17 p.m. by Charlotte Hajduga. Minutes: A Laura Blain/RoseMarie Grzincic motion was passed to accept the revised minutes of June 14, 2006.

Treasurer's Report: Laura Blain advised of the Ulster Township contribution. On the same note, Sheshequin Township has requested the status of the organization and the budget for the year in order to determine their donation. Laura also noted that the Ulster Municipal Water Authority bill issue remains unresolved. We are still waiting for the management letter on the audit from Libby King. An Alison Olmstead/Shari Whipple motion was passed to approve a petty cash reimbursement for Laura for expenses.

Unfinished Business:
· 1. Building Maintenance. Ulster Township will continue plowing the parking lot and cutting the lawn. Once the heat starts running again, Shari will change the filters.
· 2. Summer 2006 Program. A successful program. No final reports or figures as yet.
· 3. Contributions. Ulster Township sent their donation. Alison will do a thank you note. Sheshequin Township has requested pertinent information to assess their contribution. Notice was received of additional in kind contribution from Ulster Township.
· 4. Presentations. Laura Blain attended the semi-annual meeting of The Partners in Family and Community Development. It was a wonderful networking opportunity and she picked up very good board development training ideas.

New Business:
· 1. Opening Skate. Charlotte is available to open skate on Friday, September 29th. We need to replenish supplies and get fliers to the school. A Shari Whipple/RoseMarie Grzincic motion was made to open skate and advertise it.
· 2. Parties. Cathy suggested bringing back some of the parties, such as Christmas and Easter. This is not in the 2006 approved budget, but thought will be given how to fund these events. An Alison Olmstead/Shari Whipple motion was passed to have a "Halloween Skate" this year. It will be on October 27th from 7-9 pm. Donuts and cider will be provided through contributions. Peoples State Bank has agreed to donate the cider and Diane at the Ulster Dandy is seeking approval to donate the donuts.
· 3. Advertising. A RoseMarie Grzincic/Alison Olmstead motion was passed for Cathy to look into putting the center's meetings and events in The Daily Review.
· 4. Equipment. New sound equipment is needed. They system currently used is becoming dated and is not reliable. A Laura Blain/RoseMarie Grzincic motion was passed to release $2,000.00 from the capital fund for the purchase of a new one. Alison will research and provide information.

Next Meeting: Will be Wednesday, October 11, 2006, at 7:00 p.m at the Mather Memorial Library.
A RoseMarie Grzincic/Cathy Cook motion was passed to adjourn the meeting at 8:22 p.m.