Sheshequin-Ulster Community Center
Board of Directors Meeting DRAFT MINUTES
May 10, 2006

Attending: Board: Laura H. Blain, Cathy Cook, Charlotte Hajduga, Shari Whipple, RoseMarie Grzincic, Alison Olmstead. Absent: Patrick Grimes.

Meeting was called to order at 7:16 p.m. by Charlotte Hajduga.

Minutes: A Laura Blain/RoseMarie Grzincic motion was passed to accept the minutes of April 12, 2006.

Treasurer's Report: Laura Blain presented the report for April. Previous balance reported $4,385.85, revenues $410.70, expenditures $881.77, end of month balance $3,914.78.

Unfinished Business:
· 1. Building Maintenance. Shari changed the furnace filter and checked on the partially dead tree in the yard as well. Shari had contacted Don Tuttle about his offer that Ulster Township would take care of the possible tree removal. Mr. Tuttle was contacting a professional tree "man". We are waiting to hear back from him. The yard has not been mowed yet, Cathy did check with Nate Raupers whose mower isn't running. Alison will check with Eric Lane.
· 2. Summer 2005 Program Re-cap. Laura Blain gave the report which is now on file.
· 3. Monday Basketball. Cathy reported that Monday's are going to be suspended until fall. With the warmer weather, attendance is dropping.
· 4. Young Community Volunteer nomination. No word yet on the nomination of Hannah Roach. Winner will not be picked until mid-summer.
· 5. Annual Meeting. Laura and Charlotte will work on edits. Laura is meeting with Libby King, Thursday, May 11th.
· 6. Terri McFarland. Laura has attempted to call her. Would like to invite her to assist in the planning of the summer program.

New Business:
· 1. Friday Night Skate. A Laura Blain/RoseMarie Grzincic motion was passed to close Friday night skate effective this Friday, May 12, 2006. Charlotte will contact the school to see if they will make an announcement.
· 2. Summer Program. Charlotte entertained a motion to nominate a chairperson for this year's program. An Alison Olmstead/Shari Whipple motion was made to appoint Laura Blain as chairperson. The potential schedule will be the last two weeks in July and the first two weeks of August.
· 3. Website. Permission was given to Laura to post appropriate information and links on the center's website at her discretion.

Next Meeting: Will be Wednesday, June 14, 2006, at 7:00 p.m at the Mather Memorial Library.

A RoseMarie Grzincic/Shari Whipple motion was passed to adjourn the meeting at 8:04 p.m.