Sheshequin-Ulster Community Center
Board of Directors Meeting DRAFT MINUTES
October 13, 2004

Attending: Laura Blain, David Benjamin, Sandie Benjamin, RoseMarie Grzincic, Shari Whipple, Charlotte Hajduga, Pastor Rick Stackhouse.

The meeting was called to order at 7:15p.m.

Minutes: A Sandi Benjamin/RoseMarie Grzincic motion was passed to accept the minutes September 15,2004.

Treasurer's Report:
· 1. Report- Laura Blain gave the following figures about the treasury. Previous Balance Reported $ 4,550.73, Date September 15, 2004, Expenditures- $ 822.85, (includes final summer program expenses) Revenues- $ 102.49, Current Balance (9/30/04) $ 3,830.37, Check register, Current Balance, Bank Reconciliation and Quick books all Match. Savings Balance- $ 3,010.38 There is no other money coming from Ulster Township We have $1,000. less then we budgeted for originally.
· 2. Budget Committee- A committee of Laura Blain, Pastor Rick Stackhouse, and Sandie Benjamin was formed to go over budget. The committee will look over the budget and come up with a strategy to see what funds can be moved around to help cover operating expenses in an attempt to deal with the lack of anticipated funds from Ulster Township. A meeting date was set for 10/21/04.

Previous/Unfinished Business:
· 1. Building Maintenance
- furnace filter Rick will check it out. Disco Light- IS Fixed! Lights in center were on a breaker- now marked. Light needs to be put up. General Maintenace, nothing new to report.
· 2. Summer Program
- Recap will be put with minutes.
· 3. Board Vacancy
- Still need to fill at least one Vacancy. Ideas were discussed of possible options. A Sandie Benjamin/David Benjamin motion was passed to ask Don Roach if he is still interested in being on the board.
· 4. CDGB Grant- no information yet.
· 5. Board Meetings- Will be kept on second Wednesday of each month, at Library, at 7:00p.m.

New Business:
· 1. Press Release- Charlotte Hajduga will work on this and check out other Public Relations options.
· 2. Music Selection- discussion was made about music currently being offered during skating. A Sandie Benjamin/Charlotte Hajduga motion was passed to Expand the music selection played during skating. There will still be set limits, NO Violence, NO Racial remarks, NO F word, NO drug encouragement.OPPOSED to Music selection change Laura Blain and Pastor Rick Stackhouse.
· 3. Friday Night Skate Volunteers-
  10/15 Rosemarie Grzincic, Harrold Renninger, Jeff, (Shari coming later to count) Laura will come to pick up money at 9pm
  10/22 Charlotte Hajduga, Rosemarie Grzincic, Sandie Benjamin, Laura Blain
  10/29 Charlotte Hajduga, Sandie Benjamin,
  11/5 David Benjamin, Laura Blain

Next Meeting: Will be Wednesday November 10, 2004 -7:00p.m. at The Library.

A motion was passed by Sandie Benjamin/Shari Whipple to adjorn meeting at 9:00p.m.

*Note- Madaline Daugherty Committee, Halloween Party will be October 23, 2004