Paul Bennett, Chris Kinner, Laura Hewitt, Leigh Trasco, Kim Babcock, Carolyn Knapp; Board members absent: Edie Hadlock, Michelle Harnish. Also present: Bradley Crane, Elaine Kinner.
The meeting was called to order at 6:39 p.m. by Paul Bennett, President.
MINUTES of the September 14, 2010 Board meeting were distributed and reviewed.
Hewitt/Knapp motion passed to accept Board minutes with correction to Babcock/Kinner motion regarding removal of metal objects from basement.
Discussion: Change should reflect it was a Babcock/Hewitt motion, with Paul Bennett and Chris Kinner abstaining from the vote.
TREASURER'S REPORT No report given as Michelle Harnish was absent. However, Laura reported that she passed along the post office key and the QuickBooks file to Michelle last month. Michelle is now paying the bills. The QuickBooks file was not compatible with the program on Michelle's computer. Michelle is planning to upgrade her program, which should resolve the problem.
· new vacuum cleaner: Trasco/Kinner motion passed to purchase new vacuum cleaner using funds from savings account with a $75 spending limit.
· approval process for volunteers Hewitt/Knapp motion passed to implement new approval process for volunteers by having volunteers complete a form with references, checking Megan's law, in some cases interview with Board members and always following two-deep leadership protocols.
· booking coordinator: Trasco/Babcock motion passed* to appoint Elaine Kinner booking coordinator.
*Paul Bennett and Chris Kinner abstained from vote.
· charge for Adult basketball: Kinner/Babcock motion passed to charge $3 per person per night for Adult basketball.
· charge for youth basketball: Hewitt/Knapp motion passed to charge $10 per child for the basketball program; or free with donation of time in approved cases.
ACTIVITIES COMMITTEE: Report was by given by activities committee outlining plans for upcoming Christmas party which is scheduled for December 17 at 7:00 p.m.
MAINTENANCE ISSUES: Knapp/Babcock motion passed to repair toilets using funds from the saving account with spending limit of $300.
NEXT MEETING: Will be January 13, 2011, at 6:30 p.m.
Meeting adjourned at 8:59 p.m.