Attending: : Board Members, Cathy Cook, Laura Hewitt, Carolyn Knapp, Krista Pruyne, and Jennifer Vandegrift. Present: Paul Bennett Absent: Sheryl Cobb
Treasurer's Quarterly Report:
(3rd quarter, through September 30, 2009)
Previous reported combined balance (June 30, 2009) = 5,980.01; 3rd qtr income and revenue + 32.67; 3rd qtr expenses ( 725.27); End of 3rd QTR balance (Sept 30, 2009) $5,287.41
Reconciled ck balance 9/30/09 = $1,047.72; reconciled savings balance 9/30/09 = $4,239.69
Minutes: A Knapp/ Pruyne motion was passed to approve July 21, 2009 minutes.
· A Hewitt/ Knapp motion was passed for authorization to be given to the Activities Committee for further decisions to be made by the Committee within budget limits.
· A Vandegrift/ Hewitt motion passed to accept Sheri Whipple's resignation with regrets.
· A Hewitt/ Pruyne motion was passed to appoint Matt Rogers as Board member, whom is willing to head the fundraising effort.
· A Vandegrift/ Pruyne motion was passed to appoint Paul Bennett as Board member.
Introductions: Paul Bennett as former basketball referee, coach, and volunteer Athletic Director described his intentions with establishing a basketball program at the Recreation Center. The Board discussed a one-time fee for each child interested in participating in basketball.
· Krissy discussed the dog obedience school, and agreed to follow-up and obtain more specific information.
· The Board discussed utilizing High School students serving the Recreation Center for appointed parties. Carolyn offered to speak with some teens/children who may be interested in working for the parties.
Next Meeting: The Next meeting will be held on January 19, 2010 at 7:00 p.m.
Adjournment:Vandegrift/ Pruyne motion passed to close the meeting at 8:10 p.m.