January 9th, 2008
Attending:Tonya Coyne, Ray Coyne, Cathy Cook, Shari Whipple, Laura Hewitt, Marilyn Daugherty, Andy Bishop, Corey Cook
Minutes: A Cook/ Bishop motion was passed to accept minutes for December 12th, 2007.
Treasurer's Report: Cathy Cook gave the treasurer's report. She reported a balance of $3,089.66 in the checking account and a balance of $4,212.07 in the savings for a total of $7,301.73.
Cathy had stated that the Ulster supervisors are requesting a quarterly treasurer's report. It was agreed that Cathy would give them a monthly report.
Laura added that she has not yet gotten with Cathy to do the transfer of the treasury but would get with her within the next month. Laura had also explained that with Cathy's help they would have the paperwork ready for the 501c3 by March 2008.
· Snow management- Andy has volunteered to plow for us. Ray has volunteered to pick up ice melt for the walks.
· Skates- It was discussed that the shipping cost would be more than originally expected. We have $1525.00 earmarked for skates. The quote for 28 pair of skates with shipping is $1598.60. A Bishop/Cook motion was passed for the Rec. Center to pay the remaining balance of the shipping.
· Christmas Party- Andy stated that he had heard a lot of good things about the party. Tonya gave Andy the Christmas report to give to the Chamber. All receipts and remaining money were given to Cathy.
· Community Service- Corey Cook stated that he was ordered to do 15 hours of community service. He asked the board if they would allow him to clean after skating and help out with parties. A Daugherty/Hewitt motion was passed to allow Corey to work his 15 hours at the rec. center.
· Microwave- Shari asked if the rec. center would be interested in buying a used microwave for the concession booth. The board agreed to spend no more than $20.00 for it. Shari will check the size to make sure that we have room for it.
· Furnace- Ray said that the furnace had been leaking and ruined some of the ceiling tiles in the front hallway. Cathy had stated that Mike Allen had come to fix it. Ray will replace the tiles in the hallway.
The next meeting will be held February 13th at 7:00p.m. in the rec. center.
A Bishop/Daugherty motion was passed to adjourn the meeting at 8:05 p.m.